Who says that retro computers don't get any official love?
Introducing AmigaOS 3.1.4: The latest update to the beloved Amiga operating system for 68k machines. Originally conceived as a bugfix release, it fixes all of those bugs that have accumulated over the years, modernizes many system components and brings stability to your classic Amiga.
Some release highlights:
- Over 20 Kickstart ROM modules and many more disk-based core system components have been fixed, updated, or added.
- Native support for all Motorola 68000-68060 processors and a more robust auto-configuration process.
- Large hard drive support including bootable for all OS 2.x / 3.x compatible controller drivers that support HD_SCSI_CMD, TD_64 and / or NSD. Dedicated boot partitions are a thing of the past, even on older devices. You can also use "super floppies" of variable sizes.
- A modernized workbench that is as powerful as the AmigaOS 3.9 version, including new or updated settings in the old AmigaOS 3.1 "GadTools" style. Tools like DiskCopy and Format fully support large media. Bugs have been fixed and updated in the support tools Printer, Hard disk and many others.
- Do you remember the disk doctor? It has now completed its doctorate and is now able to reliably rescue data from floppy disks or hard drives.
- The CLI / Shell and many of its commands have been redesigned and modernized to provide native support for pipes, soft links, hard links, and long filenames. New commands support running Workbench programs from the shell or updating ROM modules.
- CrossDOS and the CD-ROM file system are now smarter, faster and multi-threaded. They add Rockridge and Joliet extensions as well as UDF.
- Completely redesigned, updated, and bug-fixed printer drivers include support for PCL and PostScript as well as older NEC and Epson printers.
- An optional upgradeable intuition.library allows windows to be dragged off-screen for native and P96 RTG screens.
- A colourful, professionally designed icon set is included, along with the traditional four-color icons.
What you get:
- Kickstart Rom module (s) 3.1.4 (with serial number)
- 6-disk set consisting of Install, Workbench, Extras, Storage, Fonts and Locale
- Printed instructions
If you are using an Amiga 500 with a Revision 5 motherboard, you will need a Kickstart ROM Adapter in order to use AmigaOS 3.1.4.
- Brand: Hyperion Entertainment
- Product Code: AmigaOS3.1.4
- Availability: In Stock